Our City, Our Wellbeing, our new Corporate Strategy for the next four years is here

This plan outlines our vision and key priorities to create a thriving city for everyone. We've identified these priorities based on the challenges and opportunities facing our community.

View the Corporate Strategy here...

Apply for a council house

Who decides who can have a council house?

We follow a set policy to decide who is given a property. We also have an allocations panel made up of housing staff and independent people to help us place people in council homes when:
  • we are letting a bungalow to someone under the age of 55
  • we are letting an adapted property
  • we are letting a flat in sheltered housing
  • You have asked for your case to be reviewed

If you don't agree with our decision you can ask for us to look at it again. This will be done by the allocations panel. 

Apply for a council house