Apply for a council house

Movement Incentive Scheme

If you live in a 3 or 4 bedroomed council house and have at least 2 spare bedrooms, we can help you to move to a smaller property including giving you a £1,000 cash payment (deducting any rent arrears) and practical assistance with moving, such as:

•             A dedicated officer to support you through the process and settling in period

•             Support with disconnection and re-connections of utility supplies

•             Redirect mail for a period of three months and help filling out change of address forms

•             Assistance with packing of personal belongings and delivery to new property

•             Removal and disposal of any unwanted items

•             Handyman type service

For more information, please call 01782 233696.