Apply for a dropped kerb

Dropped kerbs are legally needed if you want to drive a vehicle in and out of your property boundary.

The property owner is responsible for the cost of installing a dropped kerb. You may need planning permission for a dropped kerb in some situations. 

If an obstacle such as a fire hydrant or telegraph pole needs to be relocated, it will be the property owner's responsibility to get permission from the relevant authority (such as the fire brigade, BT) and produce written proof before any dropped kerb can be installed.

How to apply

E-mail for an application form and to find out more.