Our City, Our Wellbeing, our new Corporate Strategy for the next four years is here

This plan outlines our vision and key priorities to create a thriving city for everyone. We've identified these priorities based on the challenges and opportunities facing our community.

View the Corporate Strategy here...

Damp, Mould and Condensation

In this section

  1. Damp, Mould and Condensation
  2. Support with damp, mould and condensation

Support with damp, mould and condensation


Support for council tenants

Stoke-on-Trent City Council and our repairs company Unitas are committed to keeping your home free from damp, mould and condensation. We take all cases seriously, and want to know if there is an issue in your home.

We will investigate all reports of damp, mould and condensation within 14 full calendar days.

To report a case to us, please complete the online form below:

Council Tenants


The action needed to resolve a damp issue will depend on the type of damp present and the cause. We will inspect the property to try to determine the cause and then decide on the best action to take.


When tackling a mould issue, our first action will likely be to use an anti-mould paint. We may also inspect the property to see if there are any steps we can take to prevent the mould from growing.

If you feel confident to tackle early signs of mould growth, wash the surface with an anti-mould cleaner available from most supermarkets or hardware stores. Please take care to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidance. Also, make sure not to brush the mould away as this could release mould spores into the air.

When cleaning mould, ensure you use appropriate safety measures - including wearing a mask, gloves and goggles.


There may be an issue with a property that lets moisture in. Therefore, we will inspect the property to see if there are repairs or improvements we can make.


Support is available if you're strugglingwith energy bills through our IncomeAdvice Team. Please contact them at: incomeadviceteam@stoke.gov.uk or call: 01782 231564.

Support for private tenants

To report a case to us, please complete the online form below:

Private Tenants

If you live in a private rented property and your landlord is failing to undertake repairs, please contact the Private Sector Housing team for advice on 01782 232087.

If you would like to view this information in a different language please use the translate function at the top of this page.