If someone's life or property is at risk, always call 999.
We provide an emergency social care service to people who are in crisis and need urgent help outside of normal office opening hours.
We can help:
- anyone who is urgently concerned about the immediate welfare of a frail, disabled, or sick person
- domestic violence incidents where children are involved
- people who need to be supported before they can be interviewed by the police, such as young people up to the age of 18 or vulnerable adults
- carrying out assessments as required under the Mental Health Act.
If we cannot help, we will tell you why and give you advice about who else may be able to help you.
The emergency duty team is available:
- Monday to Thursday 5pm to 8.30am
- From 4.30pm on Friday to 8.30am Monday
- All bank holidays
We understand you may be in a situation where you feel very anxious and you may feel this is an emergency. We will always listen to you carefully and sensitively but will only take immediate action, such as visiting you, if we think you or the person you are ringing about is at serious risk.