For the latest news about the coronavirus pandemic, including important information on local health advice, available services and more, please follow the link.

For the latest update, click here

Apply for disability relief on your council tax

We can reduce the council tax by one band on homes that have special facilities for a disabled person.

These must be essential to the wellbeing of a person who is substantially and permanently physically disabled:

  • A room (other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet) used or needed mainly by a disabled person
  • An additional bathroom or kitchen needed for a disabled person
  • Enough floor space to be able to use a wheelchair indoors

You must provide a note from a doctor, social worker or occupational therapist confirming the disabled person needs these features in the home because of their disability.  


MyStoke account

You will need to sign in or register for a MyStoke account

Register Sign in