Community Investment Fund
Since our community investment fund was started in 2017, it has shared £3.6m of grants with 181 projects. We are so proud to have supported so many fantastic organisations with grants of up to £50,000 so they can make a positive difference to the lives of 1000s of residents.
The fund is here to enable local people to develop creative ideas which help create a stronger city that we can all be proud of. We hope these investments will support on-going activities in communities, provide funding to get new activities off the ground or provide an opportunity for communities to become more resilient from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you’re a community group with a great idea to make your local area a better place to live, this fund could help you make it a reality.
What can the grant be used for?
The funding is for capital projects and can’t be used to cover revenue costs, eg salaries, rent and overheads. The money is for buying tangible items.
What projects can be supported?
Priority is given to projects that:
- Transform outcomes for children and young people in the city
- Improve education and skill levels for residents of all ages
- Protect and improve mental and physical health and wellbeing
- Work with residents and partners to make our communities safer, cleaner and heathier
- Celebrate and promote Stoke-on-Trent as a destination for business, heritage and culture.
Two successful projects
Two of the projects who successfully applied for funding that was shared in April 2022 were:
- Approach Dementia Support- £15,500. They will build pop-up memory pods and recreate familiar environments like a cafe and the seaside in their centre to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia.
- St John’s Centre in Trent Vale- £19,500. They will buy and install a new lift so people with mobility users can use the training room on the first floor. The room is also for debt and budgeting advice sessions.
When can I apply for a grant?
The next round of grants will be open for applications during Autumn 2022 and a total of £483,089 will be available for applicants. Please come back to this page on 1 October 2022.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.