Garden waste subscriptions

Garden waste subscription packs and bin stickers are on their way! Our teams are aware of who has subscribed and will collect your bin on your next collection date.

More information

Discretionary housing payments

If you are struggling to pay your rent, we may be able to help. We can give a discretionary housing payment in special situations to help people:

  • pay their rent
  • pay their rent in advance
  • pay a deposit
  • pay lump sums linked to housing such as removal costs 

You must be receiving housing benefit, or Universal Credit (that includes housing costs) and be able to show you need more help with housing costs.

We will look at:

  • any debts and if you have asked for advice and help with these
  • any spending on non-essential items you may be able to reduce
  • any benefits that you are not currently receiving but should be able to claim
  • other ways you could increase your income, for example by working more hours
  • if you can get help from somewhere else such as friends or family 
  • if there is a reason for you to stay in your current home, such as access to work or health services
  • if you have tried to move to a more affordable home
  • if you are escaping domestic violence, leaving care or another institution
  • if your benefits are likely to increase in the short term, for example if you are expecting a baby

Apply for a discretionary housing payment