Garden waste subscriptions

Garden waste subscription packs and bin stickers are on their way! Our teams are aware of who has subscribed and will collect your bin on your next collection date.

More information

Apply for council tax support

Council tax support helps you to pay your council tax if you are on a low income, even if you own your own home. Council tax support is taken off your council tax bill. 

You might be able to claim council tax support if:

  • You are unemployed
  • You are on a low wage

Important things to know

  • Apply as soon as possible - don't wait until you have all the other documents you need.
  • We can sometimes backdate your claim between one month and three months depending on your age and the circumstances.
  • If you get Universal Credit you will still need to make a claim for Council Tax Support as this isn't included in your monthly payment.
  • How much you will get depends on who lives with you, how much money you receive and how much savings you have - use our benefits calculator to get an estimate.
  • If you have more than £10,000 in capital or savings you cannot claim Council Tax Support (unless you are of pension age).

If you disagree with the amount of Council Tax Support we have given you, you can ask that the decision be looked at again. You can use the Benefits enquiry form.

If you wish to appeal against the Council Tax Support decision you need to do this via the Valuations Tribunal Service

How to apply

You can apply for council tax support online

Apply online