Garden waste subscriptions

Garden waste subscription packs and bin stickers are on there way! Our teams are aware of who has subscribed and will collect your bin on your next collection date.

More information

Universal Credit

In this section

  1. Universal Credit
  2. Information for landlords
  3. Where to get more help

Universal Credit will be introduced in Stoke-on-Trent from June 13 and supports people who are on a low income or out of work. It is usually paid as one monthly amount and replaces:

  • income-based jobseekers' allowance (JSA)
  • income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
  • income support 
  • child tax credit 
  • working tax credit 
  • housing benefit 

If you already get any of these benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will be in touch with you before there are any changes to your benefits or tax credits.

If you make a new claim for benefits on or after June 13, it will be for Universal Credit, not one of the above benefits. 

You will get all your benefits in a lump sum every month. If you get help towards your housing costs you will receive this too, instead of your landlord. You will then need to pay your rent.

You have to claim Universal Credit online. After you have applied online, you must contact your local Jobcentre Plus within seven days to make an appointment with a work coach. 

Apply for Universal Credit on GOV.UK

Find out if you're ready for Universal Credit

Understanding Universal Credit