Apply for housing benefit

If you pay rent for your home, whether to the city council, a housing association or to a private landlord, you may be entitled to help with your rent payments through the housing benefit scheme.

Use our benefits calculator

If you are a tenant of a  private landlord, any benefit you are entitled to will be paid to you.

If you are a council tenant any benefit is taken off your rent account to reduce the amount of rent you need to pay.

Book a benefits appointment

Apply for housing benefit

If you need extra help applying, you can make an appointment to come and see our benefits team.