UPDATE: People and Skills Priority Funding now available for delivery from April 2023. Closing date for all applications is now midnight 28 April 2023.
Stoke-on-Trent City Council is inviting funding applications from organisations as part of Stoke-on-Trent UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF).
The Government has set out a broad prospectus which identifies all details of the UKSPF and applicants are asked to ensure that their proposals meet the Governments criteria.
Funding is aimed at three priorities, that will support our residents, local businesses and places.
- Communities and Place
- Supporting Local Business
- People and Skills (UPDATE: Funding now available for delivery from April 2023)
In order to offer more guidance to prospective applicants, the city council has produced a Stoke-on-Trent Prospectus which aims to direct potential applicants towards issues that are particularly relevant to Stoke-on-Trent and where the city council would be particularly keen to receive applications. Prospective applicants are encouraged to consider the content of both prospectus documents.
We would like to bring your attention to the following:
- Applicants should consider the priorities as identified within the Stoke-on-Trent UK Shared Prosperity Fund prospectus.
- The delivery phase is by financial year commencing March 2022 until March 2025 when all project activity will complete, expenditure paid and outputs and outcomes achieved.
- The UK Shared Prosperity is predominantly revenue funding, however there is a small capital allowance.
- The city council is seeking innovative approaches which tackle key issues within the city.
- Larger projects are encouraged wherever possible which may in some instances point applicants towards a consortia/partnership approach. However, the city council will consider strong applications of smaller value where they have a very positive impact.
Please find the below link to the GOV.UK website where additional guidance can be found.
For an application pack or to ask a question please email email@example.com applications must be submitted to this address by midnight on 28 April 2023.
Before applying, applicants should make themselves familiar with the following documents:
- UK Government Shared Prosperity Fund Prospectus
- The Stoke-on-Trent UK Shared Prosperity Fund Prospectus
- The City Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund assessment criteria
- The UK Shared Prosperity Fund FAQ's
- Powering Up Stoke-on-Trent Prospectus
This project is funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills.