Suitable properties can apply to become an approved premises, so marriages and civil partnership ceremonies can take place in them. The property:
- must be a permanent and immovable structure
- must be regularly available to the public
- cannot be religious in nature
- ceremonies can also take place fully outdoors, or under a partially covered structure, within the grounds of approved premises.
- it is not possible to apply for approval to only use outdoor areas.
Licensing approved premises for civil marriage and civil partnership
Approval of a three-year licence - maximum of two spaces per venue
Application for each additional space