If you are invoicing the city council for work we have ordered from you, put the following on your invoice:
- Purchase order number(s)
- Addressed to Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- The delivery address and order contact details
- Your name, address and VAT number
- The word invoice (or credit note where applicable)
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Invoice value split between the net, VAT and total value
- The VAT rate applied
- Description of the goods or services
Failure to include these details may result in your payment being delayed. The invoice must be easy to read and use black ink on white A4 paper.
All city council purchases require an official order to be raised which generates unique purchase order numbers to be created.
You should receive a purchase order number before providing any goods or services and the number must be quoted on all corresponding invoices.