Stoke-on-Trent City Council with the help of a wide range of local partners, are distributing support worth £5.3 million on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions, to support the most vulnerable households across the Stoke-on-Trent area with food, utilities, and other essentials.
The money is our share of the government’s Household Support Fund which will run from 1 April 2023 until the 31 March 2024. The fund is available to support both adults (without dependent children) and families with children and will be made available to vulnerable households who need additional financial support.
Children and Families
Support will be provided to families where children fall into one of the following catergories:
- They receive free school meals
- They have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in place
- Attend a funded two-year-old place or be eligible to attend a funded two-year-old place
- Are eligible to receive EYPP (Early Years Pupil Premium) as part of a funded 3 or 4 year old place.
*Applications for food vouchers are currently closed*.
What support is available?
Trusted practitioners/professionals, such as Social Workers/Support workers who are supporting vulnerable adults, couples without children and vulnerable families with children in Stoke on Trent who are in situations of ‘genuine need’, will be able to assist and advise on household essentials such as energy/fuel costs, clothing or food vouchers. They will either be able to provide vouchers or refer individuals to partner organisations for support. Referrers must detail the individuals’ circumstances in line with fund eligibility.
Water Support Scheme
Help with water bills through the Water Support Scheme - click here for more information and to complete the online form .
Other sources of support
Please visit the Governments Cost of Living Hub - Cost of living support: Overview - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If you require help with food/essentials, you can contact:
- Referral to the Foodbank - https://stokeontrent.foodbank.org.uk/
- YMCA Community Pantry - https://ymcans.org.uk/yourlocalpantry/
- Affordable Food Stoke - HOME - Affordable Food Stoke
- Port Vale Foundation-Community Engagement - Port Vale Foundation Trust
If you require advice and information on energy/fuel costs, you can contact:
- Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Citizens Advice - call 0808 278 78 76 or email email@example.com
- Potteries Moneywise - call 01782 408685
- Beat The Cold – call 01782 914915 or visit https://www.beatcold.org.uk/contact-us/
- Groundworks will also support regarding energy vouchers - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Money Matters Team email@example.com www.communitymoneyadvice.com/centre/money-matters
Information on services and organisations that are available to offer support is available on our VAST website. Click the link below:
You can also find information on other areas of support via our Support Services page. Click the link below: