For the latest news about the coronavirus pandemic, including important information on local health advice, available services and more, please follow the link.

For the latest update, click here

Caravan site licences

You don't need a licence if

  • the caravan is within the yard or garden of a home and is used occasionally, not lived in (for example, storing your own caravan which you use to go on holiday)
  • the caravan is in the same location for less than two consecutive nights (up to a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months)
  • up to three caravans are on a site of no more than five acres (up to a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months)
  • the site is occupied by an exempted organisations such as the Caravan Club
  • it is a site of up to five caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which is for members only
  • it is a local authority site for travellers
  • it is a temporary site for a caravan rally, for agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites or for travelling salesmen

A site for tents only can be used for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months. 

Licences conditions include:

  • the type of caravan (residential, static, holiday or touring) 
  • how many caravans you can have per acre or hectare and the spacing between caravans
  • details of the water supply and drainage, toilet and washing facilities
  • fire precautions and electrical installations

Licences are transferable to a new occupier but we have to give consent for the transfer. Send us the licence with a request for transfer.

You must have planning permission before a licence can be issued.