Register a death
What you will be asked
- date and place of death.
- name and surname of the deceased person
- maiden surname if the deceased person was a woman who had married
- date and place of birth of the deceased person (a birth certificate would be helpful).
- their occupation
- name and occupation of their spouse, if they were married or widowed.
- name and occupation of civil partner, where the deceased was in a civil partnership or was a surviving civil partner
- their usual address
- whether the deceased person received a pension from public funds
- if the deceased was married or in a civil partnership, the date of birth of the surviving spouse or civil partner