- A maximum of 2 people will be permitted at each appointment
- On arrival at the Civic Centre entrance, please follow the signage to the new separate entrance on the corner of Glebe Street and Copeland Street.
- Please do not make an appointment to register a death until the Hospital or GP Surgery has advised you that they have already emailed the medical certificate to the Registrar.
- They will also provide you with the medical certificate reference number which you will need to supply when booking your appointment
- ALL deaths must be registered within five days unless the Registrar says this period may be extended. A death must be registered by a relative or someone present at the death.
- If a coroner has been involved it may be necessary to wait for the coroner to issue documents to the Registrar before an appointment can be made.
Certificates MUST be ordered and paid for when booking your appointment. Certificates cannot be purchased during your appointment. Further certificates can be purchased after registration. Certificates are £11 each.
At your appointment, the Registrar will provide you with a 'green form' for you to pass onto the funeral director.
The pre-paid death certificate(s) will be given to you at the appointment.
Douglas Macmillan Hospice is located in Staffordshire registration district not Stoke-on-Trent. Deaths at the hospice can be registered and a certificate purchased at the same time by contacting Staffordshire registration service for an appointment.