What do you need to bring to the appointment?
- the medical certificate of cause of death issued by the doctor treating the person who has died - the death cannot be registered without this unless there has been a post mortem
The following documents will help us to make sure the details recorded in the register are accurate. If you don't have these documents, you should still come to the appointment as the registration can go ahead without them.
- the deceased person's passport
- proof of address (such as a utility bill) for the deceased person
- NHS medical card for the deceased person
- all marriage or civil partnership certificates
- the deceased person's birth certificate
- change of name documents
- your own passport
- your own driving licence
- proof of your own address (such as a utility bill)