Burial and cremation
- From 19 July 2021 the maximum number of mourners attending funeral services at Carmountside Chapel will return to pre lockdown numbers, which is approximately 140 seated. When all seats are taken, we are re-introducing the use of our external speakers on larger funerals.
- From 27 January 2022 the requirement to wear face coverings in law will be lifted.
- The live webcast service is available at an additional cost, the easy to use live streaming service is available for up to 150 viewers per service enabling them to watch from the safety of their own home and giving the reassurance of their presence at the service. 28 day watch again facilities, DVD and Blue-Ray recordings are also available at an additional cost.
There is no restrictions on the number of mourners attending a burial.
- People who test positive for Covid will no longer be legally required to self-isolate
- But they will still be advised to stay at home and avoid contact with others for at least five full days
● practising strict hand and respiratory hygiene by:
○ washing their hands more often than usual with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitiser
○ avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth
○ covering their coughs or sneezes
Book of Remembrance room
The Book of Remembrance room is currently open between 9am-5pm (Winter) 8am-8pm (Summer).
Book of Remembrance entries can be viewed on the link below.