Following the pandemic period, the city council is still committed to ensuring the bereaved are treated with sensitivity, dignity and respect whilst making sure mourners and workers involved in the management of funerals are protected from infection.
- From 19 July 2021 the maximum number of mourners attending funeral services at Carmountside Chapel will return to pre-lockdown numbers, which is approximately 140 seated. When all seats are taken, we are re-introducing the use of our external speakers on larger funerals.
- From 27 January 2022 the requirement to wear face coverings in law will be lifted.
- The live webcast service is available at an additional cost, the easy to use live streaming service is available for up to 150 viewers per service enabling them to watch from the safety of their own home and giving the reassurance of their presence at the service. 28 day watch again facilities, DVD and Blue-Ray recordings are also available at an additional cost.
- People who test positive for Covid will no longer be legally required to self-isolate.
- But they will still be advised to stay at home and avoid contact with others for at least five full days.
Practising strict hand and respiratory hygiene by:
- washing their hands more often than usual with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitiser
- avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth
- covering their coughs or sneezes
Book a cremation by calling 01782 235050.
You can book the cremation or a funeral director can do it for you. You need to give us two working days' notice.
We need to know:
- date and approximate time of service
- type of service: full (30 minutes)
- full name and age of the deceased person
- area where the deceased person lived
- name of the minister (if you want one)
- funeral director’s contact name