Elections 2023

From May 4 2023, voters in England will need to show photographic ID to vote at polling stations in some elections, including Stoke-on-Trent’s upcoming local elections on Thursday 4 May 2023.

Find out more here...

Parking permits

Visitor permits

Visitor permits can be bought by residents. They are transferable between cars and can only be used by people who are visiting a property. Visitor permits cannot be used by residents.

You can apply for a visitors' permit within one month of expiry. Email us at parking@stoke.gov.uk or post to The Regent Centre, Regent Road, Hanley, ST1 3EG.

These permits cost £38.50 for 12 months but if you are of pensionable age you are entitled to one free visitor permit per household (only one free permit will be given per household regardless of how many people live there over pensionable age).

We need:

  • two recent proofs of address dated with in the last three months, such as a utility bill or bank statement.
  • £38.50 or a pension letter if you are entitled to a free permit.

A maximum of two resident permits and two visitor permits can be issued per household. 

Please note: all permits must be applied for via email or post


We are currently receiving a high demand for residential and visitor parking permits. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible but please allow 10 working days before contacting us again.

When we have processed your application, you will receive an email containing a payment link.  On receipt of payment your permit/s will be posted to you usually within 48 hours.