Garden waste subscriptions

Garden waste subscription packs and bin stickers are on their way! Our teams are aware of who has subscribed and will collect your bin on your next collection date.

More information

Where can you get married in Stoke-on-Trent?

In this section

  1. Where can you get married in Stoke-on-Trent?
  2. Ceremony Fees

Please check with your venue or email  to clarify the number of attendees permitted at your ceremony.

  • Register Office: ceremonies are available in the Superintendent Registrar’s office every Tuesday from 2pm to 4.30pm (except bank holidays).  The couple and 2 witnesses are permitted, unfortunately babies and children cannot be accommodated.
  • Stoke Town Hall, *Queen Elizabeth II room: standalone ceremonies can be conducted in this prestigious grade two listed Victorian building. The restored Queen Elizabeth II room includes original features and elegant decor, making it perfect for your marriage or civil partnership ceremony. In addition to the couple, it holds up to 60 guests including babies and children.  
    Please be aware that this room is located on the first floor of an historic building accessed by a sweeping staircase with a lift for customers. 
  • Approved premises: we can licence other venues for ceremonies if they are suitable, including hotels, stately homes and other historic buildings. The ceremony is conducted register office staff. You will still need to give notice of marriage or civil partnership in the districts where you live. Click on separate link - Approved premises for marriages and civil partnerships -  on the right to see our list of licensed venues in Stoke on Trent.
  • If you wish to marry in a religious building you normally have to live in the registration district where it is located or worship there. Speak to the religious leader for the building. You can only hold your ceremony in a building in a different district if either of you worship in that building. You may also hold your ceremony in another district if there is no building of your religion in the district where you or the person you are marrying lives. 
After arranging your at the religious building you must contact the register office if a registrar is to register it. You must give formal notice of marriage  or civil partnership in the district where you live. 
  • additionally, you can marry in a private house, hotel or even garden if the marriage is conducted according to Jewish religious rites and both parties are of Jewish faith
  • a marriage or civil partnership ceremony can take place in the home of a person who is housebound. A doctor must sign a statement confirming that the person is unable to be moved, for a period of three-months, to a place normally registered for marriage
  • a marriage or civil partnership ceremony can take place at home or in a hospital if a person is terminally ill: a deathbed marriage or civil partnership needs an emergency response. Contact us on 01782 234234 so we can arrange for the superintendent registrar to call you. 
  • prison: as long as the prison authorities agree. The other partner will also have to give a notice to the registrar of the district in which they live. The marriage or civil partnership must take place within three months of giving the first notice.