We have two tips in the city. Clicking on one of the links below will give you information about either one, including a map, opening times, and what rubbish you can take there.
There will be set rules in place for the safety of staff and residents, please be patient and adhere to all site rules.
- Children to remain within vehicles at all times
- No smoking is permitted on site
- Anyone who is self-isolating or has COVID-19 symptoms must not visit the tip
- Verbal or physical abuse or threatening behaviour towards staff will not be tolerated and may lead to a site ban at both local tips
- No trade or commercial waste will be accepted
- Use of the sites is restricted to residents of the city only
- Drivers of commercial vehicles e.g. vans, camper vans with no seats, panel vans or similar looking vehicles and vehicles with trailers will be asked to show a copy of their driving licence (old paper version or credit card type) – this is to ensure only Stoke-on-Trent City Council residents are tipping their waste up to a maximum of twelve times per year as per our old permit scheme
- Fly-tipping or non -payment of chargeable items (see costs section) will result in reporting the driver and vehicle to the Environmental Crime Unit
- Mattresses are only accepted at Hanford Household Waste Recycling Centre (Campbell Road; ST4 4DX)
- Vehicle tyres cannot be accepted of at our two HWRC sites
- Asbestos can only be disposed of at Burslem HWRC (Federation Road; ST6 4HU)