UPDATE - both household waste and recycling centres have reverted to their summer opening times, with restrictions still in place for the safety and wellbeing of visitors and workers, in response to the coronavirus.
We have two tips in the city. Clicking on one of the links below will give you information about either one, including a map, opening times, and what rubbish you can take there.
COVID-19 - Social distancing measures will be in place for staff and residents’ safety. Please be aware that there is likely to be long wait times on site.
There will be set rules in place for the safety of staff and residents, please be patient and adhere to all site rules.
- Anyone who is self-isolating or has COVID-19 symptoms must not visit the tip
- If you have waste that you suspect or is contaminated with COVID-19 material, please ensure that is bagged twice and has been isolated for at least 72 hours before bringing it to the site
- A strict limit to the number of vehicles allowed on site at any one time
- Only bring items that you can safely load and unload yourself. Staff on site will not be able to help with unloading vehicles
- No trade or commercial waste will be accepted
- Textiles are now accepted, asbestos only at Burslem, oils and paints will not be accepted. They will need to be stored safely at home until we're able to safely process them. We will publicise when we are able to accept these materials
- All visitors to the site must adhere to Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance issued by the Government
- Use of the sites is restricted to residents of the city only.