- Burslem Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Opening times
Monday 9am to 4.30pm Tuesday 9am to 4.30pm Wednesday Closed (see Hanford tip opening times) Thursday Closed (see Hanford tip opening times) Friday 9am to 4.30pm Saturday 9am to 4.30pm Sunday 9am to 4.30pm Bank holidays 9am to 4.30pm The tip will be closed on Thursday 2 June
*Last entry onto the tip will be 15 minutes before closing time*.
- What items do we charge to dispose of?
We charge to get rid of some items at our tips. Payment by debit card only.
Type of waste Charge What does it include? Soil and hardcore £3.15 per bag or large item
- bricks, concrete (breeze blocks, paving slabs, posts and lintels, mortar and rendering, cement board)
- gravel (construction or landscape gravel and pebbles)
- pottery, ceramic and porcelain (bath, bidet, shower tray, sink or washbasin with pedestal, wall or floor tiles, toilet with cistern, drainage and sewer pipes)
- tiles (floor, roof, wall)
- sharp sand (not from playpens)
- soil and clay
- turf (lawn but not edging)
Bulky building materials £3.15 per bag or large item
- plastic or fibreglass (shower tray, bath, shower screen, drainage and sewer pipes)
- glass (plate or sheet glass, shower screens, tiles)
Plasterboard £4.15 per bag or large item
- plasterboard sheets
- coving (unless polystyrene)
- ceiling rose (unless polystyrene)
- unused bags of plaster
Residents will be asked to complete a disclaimer to confirm the waste is not from trade activity.
Soil, hardcore and bulky waste Quarter full Half full Three quarters full Full Per bag or part bag £3.15 Standard car or hatchback (boot) £6.30 £9.40 £15.65 £18.75 Trailers less than 6ft or 1.8m £9.40 £15.65 £25.05 £31.30 Small van or estate car, 4x4 or small pick-up £9.40 £18.75 £30.25 £37.60 Trailers between 6ft (1.8m) and 10ft (3m) £15.65 £31.30 £46.95 £62.60 Transit van, flat-bed or similar £31.30 £62.60 £93.90 £125.25 Plasterboard Quarter full Half full Three quarters full Full Per 6ft by 3ft sheet £4.15 Standard car or hatchback (boot) £8.35 £12.50 £20.90 £25.05 Trailers less than 6ft or 1.8m £12.50 £20.90 £33.35 £41.80 Small van or estate car, 4x4 or small pick-up £12.50 £25.05 £37.55 £50.10 Trailer between 6ft (1.8m) and 10ft (3m) £20.90 £41.80 £62.60 £83.45 Transit van, flat-bed or similar £41.80 £83.45 £125.25 £166.95
- Items accepted
- asbestos (must be put in red bags which you can collect from the site)
- batteries, car batteries and large rechargeables
- black bagged household waste
- cooking oil
- electrical items
- energy efficient light bulbs (not old style)
- engine oil
- fluorescent tubes
- fridges and freezers
- garden, grass and tree cuttings
- glass (bottles and jars only - no sheet glass, Pyrex or drinking glasses)
- large domestic appliances
- newspapers, magazines, catalogues and junk mail
- plastic household containers
- scrap metal
- televisions and monitors
- textiles - clothes and accessories
- white and brown cardboard
Mattresses are no longer accepted at Burslem Household Waste Recycling Centre. These will only be accepted at Hanford Household Waste Recycling Centre.
- Restricted items
Restricted item How much you can bring to the tip How often you can bring it to the tip Fitted items such as doors and windows, cupboards and wardrobes One cubic metre. Roughly the amount which can be transported in a small family car Every six months uPVC items such as soffits, fascias, windows and doors One cubic metre. Roughly the amount which can be transported in a small family car Every six months Cement-bonded asbestos (must be double-wrapped and sealed) Four sheets (approximately 180cm by 60cm or 120cm by 90cm) or four (25kg-sized) rubble bags Every six months. Used engine oil 25 litres Every six months Car battery two lead acid batteries Every six months Animal bedding or waste Two (80 litre) bags per household Daily
- Tins more than half full of leftover paint in can be used by the local community repaint scheme which provides paint to charities in the city.