Social distancing measures will be in place for staff and residents’ safety. Please be aware that there is likely to be long wait times on site.
Please note: Site staff are unable to assist with unloading from vehicles and we ask that only one person from each car unloads at any one time.
- Recycling centre / point name
- Hanford Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Opening times
Day Winter opening times
Summer opening times
(28/03/21 to 31/10/21)
Monday Closed (see Burslem tip opening times) Closed (see Burslem tip opening times) Tuesday Closed (see Burslem tip opening times) Closed (see Burslem tip opening times) Wednesday 8am to 4.30pm 8am to 5.30pm Thursday 8am to 4.30pm 8am to 5.30pm Friday 8am to 4.30pm 8am to 5.30pm Saturday 8am to 4.30pm 8am to 4.30pm Sunday 8am to 4.30pm 8am to 4.30pm Bank holidays 8am to 4.30pm 8am to 4.30pm
- What items do we charge to dispose of?
We charge to get rid of some items at our tips. Payment by debit card only.
Type of waste Charge What does it include? Soil and hardcore £3.15 per bag or large item
- bricks, concrete (breeze blocks, paving slabs, posts and lintels, mortar and rendering, cement board)
- gravel (construction or landscape gravel and pebbles)
- pottery, ceramic and porcelain (bath, bidet, shower tray, sink or washbasin with pedestal, wall or floor tiles, toilet with cistern, drainage and sewer pipes)
- tiles (floor, roof, wall)
- sharp sand (not from playpens)
- soil and clay
- turf (lawn but not edging)
Bulky building materials £3.15 per bag or large item
- plastic or fibreglass (shower tray, bath, shower screen, drainage and sewer pipes)
- glass (plate or sheet glass, shower screens, tiles)
Plasterboard (accepted at this site from May 1, already accepted at Hanford) £4.15 per bag or large item
- plasterboard sheets
- coving (unless polystyrene)
- ceiling rose (unless polystyrene)
- unused bags of plaster
Residents will be asked to complete a disclaimer to confirm the waste is not from trade activity.
Soil, hardcore and bulky waste Quarter full Half full Three quarters full Full Per bag or part bag £3.15 Standard car or hatchback (boot) £6.30 £9.40 £15.65 £18.75 Trailers less than 6ft or 1.8m £9.40 £15.65 £25.05 £31.30 Small van or estate car, 4x4 or small pick-up £9.40 £18.75 £30.25 £37.60 Trailers between 6ft (1.8m) and 10ft (3m) £15.65 £31.30 £46.95 £62.60 Transit van, flat-bed or similar £31.30 £62.60 £93.90 £125.25 Plasterboard Quarter full Half full Three quarters full Full Per 6ft by 3ft sheet £4.15 Standard car or hatchback (boot) £8.35 £12.50 £20.90 £25.05 Trailers less than 6ft or 1.8m £12.50 £20.90 £33.35 £41.80 Small van or estate car, 4x4 or small pick-up £12.50 £25.05 £37.55 £50.10 Trailer between 6ft (1.8m) and 10ft (3m) £20.90 £41.80 £62.60 £83.45 Transit van, flat-bed or similar £41.80 £83.45 £125.25 £166.95
- Items accepted
- batteries, car batteries and large rechargeables
- black bagged household waste
- cooking oil
- electrical items
- energy efficient light bulbs (not old style)
- engine oil
- fluorescent tubes
- garden, grass and tree cuttings for composting
- glass (bottle and jars only - no sheet glass, Pyrex or drinking glasses)
- large domestic appliances
- newspapers, magazines, catalogues and junk mail
- plastic household containers
- scrap metal
- textiles - clothes and accessories
- televisions and monitors
- white and brown cardboard
- Restricted items
Restricted item How much you can bring to the tip How often you can bring it to the tip Fitted items such as doors and windows, cupboards and wardrobes One cubic metre. Roughly the amount which can be transported in a small family car Every six months uPVC items such as soffits, fascias, windows and doors One cubic metre. Roughly the amount which can be transported in a small family car Every six months Used engine oil 25 litres Every six months Car battery two lead acid batteries Every six months Animal bedding or waste Two (80 litre) bags per household Daily
- Tins with leftover paint in can be used by the local community repaint scheme which provides paint to charities in the city.