Elections 2024

A general election has been called for Thursday 4 July 2024. This is your opportunity to choose a local MP as a representative for Stoke-on-Trent, North, South and Central.

Find out more about the general election and how to vote here...

Trade waste

In this section

  1. Trade waste
  2. Use our trade waste service

Trade waste (also known as business or commercial waste) is anything your business throws away. It applies to businesses you run from your own home as well. 

It is illegal to throw away your business waste at the tip or in your household bin.

All businesses must be able to produce a record of who produced the waste, where it was from and who collected it, going back at least two years - this is called a duty of care waste transfer notice. 

Businesses can take their own waste to an appropriate licensed site, but must complete a waste transfer note on each occasion.

The tips (Hanford and Burslem household waste recycling sites) are not allowed to take business waste.

Pay your invoice