Flooding and drains

Rivers and lakes

Land drainage comes from rivers, watercourses, ditches, pipes, lakes and ponds.

If a watercourse or ditch has been piped then it is known as a culverted watercourse.

Land drainage falls under two main categories: main rivers and ordinary watercourses.

You must get permission to carry out work on these, please contact us for more information

GOV.UK: Report an environmental incident