Flooding and drains

In this section

  1. Blocked drains, gulleys and flooding
  2. Blocked property sewers and drains
  3. Rivers and lakes

Blocked property sewers and drains

Severn Trent Water is responsible for fixing blocked public sewers in the city. 

A private drain is the section of pipe that carries the waste from a property up until it reaches the public sewers. If there is more than one property connected to the private section of pipe then it becomes a private sewer.

Private drains and sewers may also connect to a septic tank, cesspool, soakaway or watercourse. We do not service private drains or sewers. 

If your private drain is blocked or overflowing you will need to contact a drainage contractor. Severn Trent Water can tell you if it is a private drain or sewer.