What you will be asked
- date and place of the baby's birth (for twins, triplets etc, the time of each baby's birth will be needed)
- sex of the baby.
- first names and surname in which the baby will be brought up
- mother's first names and surname, and any surname she used before marriage.
- mother's date and place of birth
- mother's address
- mother's occupation, if she was employed at any time before the birth
- mother's date of marriage, if applicable
- number of previous children the mother has
- father's first names and surname
- father's date and place of birth
- father's occupation at the time of the baby's birth or, if not employed, his previous occupation
The father's details do not have to be registered, if not required.