Home contents insurance

We do not automatically insure tenants' furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, vandalism or from water damage such as burst pipes. 

We have a special household contents insurance scheme arranged with Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance PLC which is available for our tenants. 

The cover costs start from 45p per week, payable weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually.

How to apply

For more information, or to apply over the phone, call the administrator (URIS Group) on 0345 671 8172.

Alternatively, you can complete the application form online. By clicking the button below, you will be taken to the sign up portal (Please note: you are leaving the city council's website to a secure third party platform).

Online Application form

If you are struggling to complete the online form, please email righttobuy@stoke.gov.uk and a copy of the form can be sent to your email addresss.