Garden waste subscriptions

Garden waste subscription packs and bin stickers are on there way! Our teams are aware of who has subscribed and will collect your bin on your next collection date.

More information

Rent / financial advice for tenants

Rent / financial advice for tenants who can not work

I cannot work due to coronavirus

If you cannot work because you have COVID19, you may be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay.  You get this from day one, rather than the fourth day of your illness. If you are on a zero hours contract, you may be entitled to sick pay. 

To check your eligibility for SSP go online

Statutory sick pay eligibility

If your income has reduced while you are off work sick, you might be able to claim benefits or help towards your rent (Housing Costs).  You should first check to see if you are eligible for Universal Credit.  You can use our benefits checker to see what you might be entitled to online

Benefits checker

I cannot work and I am not eligible for Statutory Sick Pay

You can apply for Universal Credit and/or New Style Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). You will not be required to produce a Fit Note. To get ‘new style’ ESA you need to have:

  • Worked as an employee or been self-employed


  • Paid enough National Insurance contribution in the last 2 to 3 years. National Insurance credits also count.

You cannot get ‘new style’ ESA if you:

  • Get the severe disability premium, or are entitled to it
  • Got or were entitled to the severed disability premium in the last month, and you’re still eligible for it.

You could get Universal Credit at the same time or instead of ‘new style’ ESA. You will still need to claim Universal Credit to help with your rent (Housing Costs) and/or childcare costs.

To make a claim for Universal Credit go online

Universal credit

You could also be eligible for Council Tax Support visit online to make a claim.

Apply for council tax support