We might be able to help with school transport if:
- You pay council tax to Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- Your child is under 16
- Your child lives three or more miles from school. This is worked out by the shortest walking route (for children under eight this distance is reduced to two miles)
- You are a low-income family and live more than two but less than six miles from one of the three nearest appropriate schools to your home
- Your child goes to a faith school, where the school is the nearest suitable faith school, and is more than three but less than 15 miles from their home. Such transport is provided at a cost of £339 per academic year with a 33 per cent reduction for additional siblings. Evidence of faith may be requested
- Your child is from a low income family and goes to a faith school, where the nearest suitable faith school is more than two but less than 15 miles from their home. Evidence of faith may be requested
Low income refers to a family where children are entitled to free school meals or the parents get maximum working tax credit. Proof will be needed of working tax credit.