Our cabinet is made up of the council leader and councillors who are chosen by the leader. Each cabinet member has an individual area of responsibility, also known as their portfolio.
The cabinet members are:
- Councillor Abi Brown - leader of the council and cabinet member for corporate resource, strategy and partnerships.
- Councillor Ann James - deputy council leader and cabinet member for health and social care.
- Councillor Randy Conteh - cabinet member for communities and safer city.
- Councillor Carl Edwards - cabinet member for the environment.
- Councillor Daniel Jellyman - cabinet member for regeneration, infrastructure and heritage.
- Councillor Joanne Powell-Beckett - cabinet member for housing.
- Councillor Dave Evans - cabinet member for children and young people.
- Councillor Lorraine Beardmore - cabinet member for sport, culture and leisure.
- Councillor Janine Bridges, cabinet member for education and economy.