Our cabinet is made up of the council leader and councillors who are chosen by the leader. Each cabinet member has an individual area of responsibility, also known as their portfolio.
The cabinet members are:
- Councillor Abi Brown - leader of the council and cabinet member for corporate resource, strategy and partnerships.
- Councillor Lorraine Beardmore - cabinet member for leisure, culture and public health
- Councillor Janine Bridges - cabinet member for education and economy
- Councillor Carl Edwards - cabinet member for housing and environment
- Councillor David Evans - cabinet member for children and young people (lead member for children's services).
- Councillor Daniel Jellyman - cabinet member for regeneration, infrastructure and heritage.
- Councillor Ally Simcock - cabinet member for adult social care and healthcare
- Councillor Melanie Baddeley - cabinet support member to the education and economy portfolio
- Councillor Jackie Barnes - cabinet support member to the housing and environment portfolio
- Councillor Sadaqat Maqsoom - cabinet support member to the regeneration, infrastructure and heritage portfolio