The council has a Safe and Warm Home grant scheme to help you have a safer, warmer home. It can be used for:
- first-time gas central heating
- boiler repair or replacement
- loft insulation
- cavity wall insulation
- replacing single-glazed windows
- advice and help to you keep warm and safe
- measures to help to prevent slips, trips and falls
Grants of up to £10,000 are available for homeowners.
Private tenants can get help, up to the value of £10,000 if their landlord agrees to match-fund the grant (£5,000 each).
To be eligible for a grant, you need to meet certain criteria related to your income and health.
Email to find out more