Payment system

Essential work is taking place to our payments system on Sunday 12 July from 9 am to 2 pm. Payments will not be able to be made online during this time. Thank you for your patience.

Apply for a grant to help with heating your home

The council has a grant scheme to help you have a safer, warmer home. It can be used on:

  • first-time gas central heating
  • boiler repair or replacement
  • loft insulation
  • cavity wall insulation
  • replacing single-glazed windows
  • advice and help to you keep warm and safe
  • measures to help to prevent slips, trips and falls

Grants of up to £10,000 are available for homeowners.

Private tenants can get up to £5,000 if their landlord agrees to match-fund the grant.

To be eligible for a grant, you need to meet certain criteria related to your income and health. 

There are also secure equity loans between £5,000 and £30,000 for owner-occupiers where there is no repayment until the property is sold.

This offers help where properties are in need of replacement kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors, rewiring and many other types of repairs.

To be eligible for a loan, you need to be receiving qualifying benefits.

Email to find out more