Beat the Cold

Beat the Cold deliver an Energy Advice Service for Stoke-on-Trent City Council. This is a free, independent service for all private sector residents (home owners and private tenants) in the city.

For information on the scheme, click here

Concessionary Fares

Use this form to:

  • Apply for a free concessionary bus pass
  • Renew an existing concessionary bus pass
  • Request a replacement concessionary bus pass if your pass has been lost or stolen. (A fee of £8 will be taken after eligibility has been validated)
  • Request a companion be added to your existing concessionary bus pass (A fee of £15 will be taken after eligibility has been validated) 

Any residents who do not have internet access can use public computers in libraries, where library staff are able to assist in the application process. Residents who wish to go to a Customer Service Centre can make a face-to-face appointment by calling 01782 234234 or book an appointment online.

How to apply
There are two categories you can apply under to qualify.

Elderly – To apply you must be old enough to claim state pension and provide proof of your age. To find out if you can apply under the elderly criteria click the eligibility checker button below. 

Eligibility Checker

Disability - To apply you must be able to scan and attach proof that you qualify under one of the below categories.

  • Do not have arms or cannot use arms
  • Severely or profoundly deaf
  • Have a disability such that your mobility is permanently and substantially impaired
  • Have a learning disability
  • Have been, or would be likely to be, refused a driving licence due to a medical condition
  • Unable to communicate orally in any language

Proofs required

At the end of the form you will be prompted to attach the following documentation:

1) Recent photograph that is passport size photo of your face (must be on a plain background)
2) Proof of Identity/Age

Documents we can accept are;

  • Birth certificate 
  • Driving licence 
  • Passport 
  • Prescription 

3) Proof of Address 

Documents we can accept are;

  • Council tax bill (Valid for the current year) 
  • Household bill (Valid within the last 3 months) 
  • Prescription (Valid within the last 3 months) 
  • Bank statement (Valid within the last 3 months) 
  • Utility bill providing this shows the date of printing.

4) Proof of disability (for applicants applying under the disability criteria)

GP referrals 

If you cannot provide us with documentation to support your disability please click the link below and complete the GP referral form and we can write out to your GP to confirm your eligibility.

Click here to download a GP referral form