Tenants who receive Universal Credit must update their account to show the change in their rent charge on or as soon after April 6 as possible.
- You will have previously received a rent notification letter from the City Council advising you of your new weekly rent charges.
- Log into your Universal Credit account.
- On your ‘To Do List’ you will have a new task ‘Report any changes to your housing costs’.
You will be asked the following questions:
- “Has your rent changed?” (Yes/No) – Select Yes
- “Have your service charges changed?” See your rent notification letter
- “When did your housing costs change?” (06/04/2020)
- “How much will you be charged for your new rent (excluding service charges)?” See your rent notification letter
- “How frequent is your new rent?” Weekly
- “How much will you be charged for your new service charges (eligible)?” See your rent notification letter
- “How frequent is your new service charges?” Weekly
- Once you have provided all the required information it will be presented to you for checking & confirmation. You will be able to change it if you have entered incorrect information.
If you require any further help or advice on this matter, contact your local centre or your work coach at your JobCentre.