We collect the following kinds of information from people visiting this website:
- feedback (through visitors e-mailing the council or completeing online forms)
- queries and customer satisfaction survey results
- site use information, using cookies.
Cookies can be used:
- to see how many people are looking at different web pages, which can help the site's owners make the content more useful
- to remember certain settings or information you have used on the website on previous visits, so your experienceof the website can be tailored to your interests. For example, your geographical location on a weather page
- to enable you to complete a task without re-entering information you've previously given
Information collected by our website is used to:
- improve the content of the website and the way it works
- contact visitors (with their permission)
Under the Data Protection Act, the city council must protect any information collected from you. Stoke-on-Trent City Council uses leading technologies and encryption software to protect your data, and keeps strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.