Garden waste subscriptions

Garden waste subscription packs and bin stickers are on their way! Our teams are aware of who has subscribed and will collect your bin on your next collection date.

More information

Holding an event in our parks

In this section

  1. Holding an event in our parks
  2. Parks and open spaces event hire fees

Stoke-on-Trent has dozens of fantastic parks and greenspaces which host many events and activities every year. 

For us to grant permission for an event or activity to take place, we will ask you to complete an online enquiry form (this can be found at the bottom of this page). Once this has been submitted, the Community Development Team will contact you to ask for a copy of an event management plan as well as a risk assessment and basic site plan.  We will also ask you to sign a terms and conditions form and to show us that you have public liability insurance in place for your event.  We may ask you to supply other documents depending on the nature of your event.

Notice periods

We need to receive all your event documents by the periods below to accommodate your request:

  • Two months’ notice for small events with an expected attendance of under 500 people
  • Three months for events with an expected attendance of between 500 and 10,000 people
  • Six months for anything with a larger attendance of over 10,000 people

If your event is medium to large in size, you may be asked to attend a meeting of the city’s safety advisory group which is made up of emergency services and local authority representatives. That might sound a bit daunting but it is only to help make your event as safe as possible.

Event enquiry application form

If you have any queries, please contact the Community Development Team by emailing or calling 01782 233265.