If you have been refused a place at your preferred Stoke-on-Trent school and you are unhappy with the school you have been offered, you can make an appeal against this decision to an independent appeals panel. The decision of the panel is final.
Appeal application forms
If you are appealing for a place at any of the schools listed below, please contact the school to request an appeal form.
- Co-op Academy Clarice Cliffe, Fenton
- Our Lady’s Catholic Primary Academy, Fenton
- Our Lady and St Benedict Catholic Primary Academy, Abbey Hulton
- St Augustine’s Catholic Primary Academy, Meir
- St George and St Martin’s Catholic Academy, Birches Head
- St Gregory’s Catholic Academy, Longton
- St Joseph’s Catholic Academy, Goldenhill
- St Maria Goretti Catholic Academy, Bentilee
- St Mary’s Catholic Academy, Norton
- St Peter’s Catholic Primary Academy, Cobridge
- St Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy, Tunstall
Other Stoke-on-Trent schools
For all other Stoke-on-Trent schools, you must use the appeals application form provided by the city council. To appeal online, please choose from the two options below:
To receive a hard copy of the appeal application form, please email email@example.com.
Infant class size appeals
This applies to reception, year 1 and year 2 classes where classes are limited to 30 children aged seven and under.
Appeals panels can only uphold an infant class size appeal if
- admitting an extra child would not breach the class size limit of 30 pupils
- your child would have been offered a place if the admission arrangements had complied with admissions law or were correctly and impartially applied
- the admission authority’s decision to refuse a place was not one which a reasonable admission authority would have made in the circumstances of the case
The threshold for appeals panels is very high and therefore, many infant class size appeals are unsuccessful.