Citizenship ceremonies are the final step in the process of becoming a British citizen.
The ceremony is to:
- Celebrate getting your British citizenship
- Welcome you as a new citizen into the community
- Make an oath or affirmation to Her Majesty the Queen
- Make a formal and public pledge that you will be a loyal citizen of the United Kingdom
What to do when you receive your Citizenship Invitation Letter
- Forward a copy of your ceremony invitation letter by email to email@example.com
- You MUST include your contact telephone number(s). This can be mobile and/or landline number(s)
- If you wish to pay to have a private citizenship ceremony please say so in your email.
- Once we have received your citizenship certificate from UKVI we will contact you to offer you the next available ceremony date.
- Please DO NOT telephone the Register Office
- Please DO NOT visit the Register Office