Citizenship ceremonies are the final step in the process of becoming a British citizen.
The ceremony is to:
- Celebrate getting your British citizenship
- Welcome you as a new citizen into the community
- Make an oath or affirmation to His Majesty King Charles III
- Make a formal and public pledge that you will be a loyal citizen of the United Kingdom
What will happen when you receive your Citizenship Invitation Letter or email
- We will automatically send you an invitation to the next available standard ceremony in the Queen Elizabeth II Room which is on the first floor of Stoke Town Hall
- If the date you are offered is not suitable you should then contact the Register Office to arrange a different date firstname.lastname@example.org
- You MUST include your contact telephone number(s) in any email. This can be mobile and/or landline number(s)
- If you wish to pay to have a private citizenship ceremony please say so in your email.
- Please DO NOT telephone the Register Office unless you need to change the date of the ceremony offered to you
- Please DO NOT visit the Register Office
Children are not required to attend a citizenship ceremony and their certificate(s) will be presented to you at your ceremony. However, if you would like your child(ren) to attend and take part in the ceremony with you, please contact the Register Office as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary arrangements. As seating is limited this may mean that your ceremony will be moved to a later date.
N.B. Please note that as the ceremony room is on the first floor of Stoke Town Hall, if you require step-free access you should contact the Register Office once you have been offered a ceremony date so that alternative arrangements for your citizenship ceremony can be discussed if necessary.