Stoke-on-Trent pays its respects to HRH Prince Philip (1921-2021)

For the online book of condolence and information on floral tributes, please follow the link below...

Click here

Grass Cutting

Stoke-on-Trent City Council is committed to maintaining the grassed areas of our city to a high standard whilst providing a consistent value for money service.

We also recognise the need to ensure that we have a good level of habitat space to encourage wildlife and biodiversity and  have increased the number of naturalised spaces in the city over the last few years, in these spaces we will only cut back a fire break area and along the sides of footpaths.

Grass cutting is completed seasonally rather than throughout the year.  The season will typically begin in March subject to weather and will continue until winter weather sets in.

Below you can find information about the cutting frequency for different types of grassed areas: 

Area Type Frequency
Parks; Tunstall, Burslem, Hanley, Central Forest Park, Fenton, Longton          Cut every two to three weeks as required
Highways and Residential Estates including residential parks and playgrounds Cut every three to six weeks
Non-Naturalised Open Land Cut every six to ten weeks
Naturalised Open Land Only fire breaks and the edges of footpaths will be cut and only as required
Closed Churchyards Cut every three to six weeks
Countryside Sites Each one of our beautiful countryside sites has its own unique management and maintenance requirements that encourages and promotes biodiversity and wildlife to thrive.  Please visit these sites for more information.

*All frequencies are subject to weather and safety constraints.

If you have a general enquiry or comment about our service, you can complete the Environmental Service General Enquiry form.

Click here to comment on an environmental service

Strategic routes and dual carriageways

Strategic routes and dual carriageways may need road closures to complete works and will therefore be cut twice yearly.

A50, A500, Slip road and associated roudabouts

These are the responsibility of Highways England. If you need to report a problem, you can do so on the Higways England website.

Click here to visit Highways England