Business Rates Refund

Track your request

If you want to track the progress of this form, you will need to sign in or register for a MyStoke account.

Register Sign In

Use this form to request:

A transfer of overpayment to another business rate account
A refund of overpayment to your bank or building society account

If you paid your business rates by Direct Debit we will normally use these details to issue any refund. If you don’t pay your business rates by Direct Debit, we will need your bank details so that we can organise a BACS refund. Occasionally a credit can occur due to an error and if this is found to be the case we have the right to refuse to refund request. Sometimes a dispute over a refund can arise between individuals who have been jointly liable for a bill. For example, in the case of a party being brought out by a business partner. The Local Authority will not become involved in disputes of this nature as we expect the parties concerned to reach a mutual resolution.

If you believe you are due a refund due to a change in circumstances, such as a busnesses moving premises, or if a discount or exemption is required, please contact us about this first. Further information at

How we use your personal data