People with mobility problems can hire equipment in the city centre/Hanley to help them do their shopping and maintain their independence.
The service is called Shopmobility and also offers free parking to customers.
Equipment available to hire includes:
- electric scooters (suitable for people up to 35 stone)
- electric wheelchairs
- manual wheelchairs
We will assess your needs and recommend suitable equipment.
- equipment must be returned on the day of hire
- we do not rent mobility equipment to people over night
- providing the equipment is returned by 4.45 pm on the day it was hired, you can use it for as long as you need
- you can use the equipment in the city centre only
For a one-off use, it costs £5 per visit or you can buy an annual membership for £24 (plus £2 each use). We accept cash, cheque or postal order. Please make cheques/postal orders payable to Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
Annual membership saves you money if you use the service more than five times a year.
Please make sure that you book your equipment before visiting. We will reserve the equipment most suitable for you. You may be asked your approximate height, weight, visual ability and agility to make sure that we choose suitable equipment for you.
If it’s your first time using the service, you will need to bring identification to prove your address and photographic identification.
|Monday||10am to 4.45pm|
|Tuesday||10am to 4.45pm|
|Wednesday||10am to 4.45pm|
|Thursday||10am to 4.45pm|
|Friday||10am to 4.45pm|
|Saturday||Call to check whether we are open|