We have seven sheltered housing schemes in the city:
- Doris Robinson Court, Meir
- Lady Bennett Court, Longton
- Queen Elizabeth II Court, Fenton
- Union Court, Hanley
- Wooldridge Court, Smallthorne
- Newhouse Court , Abbey Hulton
- Lily Gertrude Simister Court, Tunstall
There is a member of staff on site Monday to Friday, during office hours. They will arrange to visit you depending on your needs.
Sheltered housing has a communal lounge and kitchen where residents can socialise. Each location regularly organises its own activities including bingo, coffee mornings and sometimes an afternoon of entertainment.
To live in sheltered housing, you must be of retirement age with some need for sheltered housing. Although a member of staff is on site during office hours, it is important you are able to live independently as sheltered housing is not a residential care service.
- Guest room
- Common room/lounge
- Pay telephones
- Social functions - bingo, musical evenings, get togethers
- Gardens - looked after by our contractors
- Cleaning - all communal areas are dealt with by contract cleaners
- Emergency pull cord system - connected to our 24 hour Lifeline service