What is Multiply?
Multiply is the new national programme focused on improving adult numeracy skills. As part of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, the programme is targeted at Adults (over 19) who don’t already have a GCSE Level 2 maths. The course has been designed to help people to develop their numeracy skills and encourage employers to invest in their workforce/staff.
If maths scares you or you struggle with numbers in your every day life (balancing the household budget or helping the children with their homework), then you are not alone!
49% of adults say they are not confident when it comes to anything about maths. Multiply courses will be able to provide you with the support you to make you feel more confident when dealing with numbers.
From flexible online courses to one-to-one mentoring, learn how you want, when you want.
Who’s it for?
- Stoke-on-Trent residents aged 19+
- Individuals that have not achieved a maths GCSE at Level 2 of at least a Grade C /4 or equivalent.
- Individuals who want to brush up and develop numeracy skills for everyday life.
- Parent /grandparents that want to support your children/grandchildren with their numeracy skills
How will it help you?
If you enrol on Multiply you will:-
- Manage your money better
- Understand data
- Unlock new job opportunities or promotions at work
- Take the next step to higher levels of training or qualifications
What will it cost me?
All courses are free and will be delivered at a range of venues across the city.
What is your numeracy like?
Not sure what your numeracy level is? Our short quiz will help you to understand where you might want to brush up on your numbers.
There are six multiple-choice numeracy questions, which will take around five minutes to complete and you may use a calculator if you wish. The questions will also help explain how to get to the correct answers.
Keep up to date
Got a question? Email Multiply@stoke.gov.uk
For further information and a list of the providers delivering free Multiply courses, please go to https://stokebynumbers.co.uk.