join us on our brand new Piccadilly Stage for live music and drop-in dance sessions, from 5pm on Friday to 9pm Saturday.
Check out The Big Feast Schedule for further details.
- Friday, August 23, 5pm to 5.50pm - The Rajasthan Heritage Brass Band: bringing Rajasthan vibes to The Potteries. experience the hypnotic sounds and dance of the acclaimed brass band.
- 6.20pm to 7pm: Steel for Stoke, filling Piccadilly with Caribbean sunshine, Stoke’s own steel pan band bring calypsos, reggae, jazz and pop tunes.
- 7.30pm to 9pm: Disco Tea Party: take a seat at the golden table for the most glamorous afternoon-tea ever. With cucumber sandwiches, disco beats, party games, diva vocals and a teapot full of sequins.
- Saturday, August 24, 11.15am to 12pm: The Swing Era: learn to swing. The Swing Era introduce you to the art of Lindy hop in a fun taster class for all the family.
- 12pm to 1pm: Sam Wooster And The Rhythm Remedies: with your new swing skills have a boogie as this talented band of jazz musicians bring you classic jazz standards.
- 1.30pm to 3.30pm: Folk Dance Remixed: Ceilidh Jam - get on your feet for a unique, funked-up, social dance as Folk Dance Remixed mix up folk formations with street dance and freestyle grooves.
- 4pm to 4.30pm Eternal Taal: boogie to brilliant bangra music from this award-winning all- female company of dhol drummers.
- 5pm to 5.30pm: Stoke Sings! Presents The Big Sing: don’t miss Stoke Sings take over Piccadilly in a mass choir performance celebrating the joy of singing together. Fancy being part of it? Take part in The Big Sing Workshop.
- 5.45pm toi 6.15pm: Learn Northern Soul - learn how to twist, kick and jump to some Northern Soul classics in our drop in dance class.
- 6.15pm to 7pm: DJ Dole Cue - bringing the best eclectic mix of Northern, Stax, Funk Yacht Rock and a few sonic surprises thrown in for good measure.
- 7.30pm to 9pm: Trés Trés Cabaret - be teased by tempting burlesque artists, be thrilled by daring circus and laugh your socks off with our comedians. Hosted by Stage Door Johnny and featuring: clowning from Kiki Lovechild; juggling from the outstanding Jon Udry; contortionist Hannah Finn and dance troupe, The Flaming Feathers