For the latest news about the coronavirus pandemic, including important information on local health advice, available services and more, please follow the link.

For the latest update, click here

Fair processing notices - City Catering

How we use your data

The personal information we collect, process, hold and share is in relation to special diets/allergies and includes name of pupil, medical information, name of parent or guardian, contact information of parent or guardian, ethnicity, age and gender.

Under GDPR is Article 6(1)(e) we can process personal data when this is necessary for the performance of our public tasks in our capacity as a local authority with medical and cultural diet responsibilities.  

Some of the data we process is considered to fall into the special categories. We are able to process this under Schedule 1 Part 2 para 6 of the Data Protection Act 2018 as we are a public authority carrying out our obligations in the substantial public interest.

As part of this we may need to share your data with, or obtain data from our service partners including schools/academies and the nutrition and dietetic department of the NHS.

Personal data will be retained strictly in accordance with council data retention policies and, where applicable, in accordance with any specific periods notified to you when we collect your data.

Data protection law provides you with certain rights, however not all of these rights will be available to you in all situations. Where we are under a legal duty to use data for a particular purpose you will not have the right to prevent it being used in that way:

  • you can ask to see the information we hold about you
  • you can ask what is being done with the information we hold about you
  • you can ask to have some of the data we hold about you deleted
  • you can ask us to review a decision made about you by a computer, and ask for a new decision to be made by a person
  • you can ask us to stop processing the data we hold about you
  • you can ask us to make changes to data about you that you believe is inaccurate
  • in some circumstances you can ask us to help you move your information to another organisation
  • you can ask us to restrict or limit what we do with your data, for example if you believe the data we hold is inaccurate, or if you believe the processing in unlawful

We may share data with our internal audit team to evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, control and governance processes.  We may also share your data with the council's fraud team to help to prevent and detect fraud.

Who to contact if you have questions

If you wish to withdraw from the service contact 01782 236110, however we will still be required to hold your information in accordance with the council’s retention policies. 

If you wish to contact us in relation to any of your information rights, email or write to Information Rights Team, Floor 2, Civic Centre, Glebe Street, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1HH.

Complete the online form

The information rights team can be called on 01782 233732 or 235965.

If you wish to complain about how your personal information has been handled by Stoke-on-Trent City Council, contact the information rights team in the first instance using the details above. If you are not satisfied you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or call 03031231113

Information Commissioner's Office website