- Opening hours
24 hours, seven days a week
Same day burial service available on Saturday only by telephoning 01782 234234 between 9am and 12 noon.
- new full earth burials
- re-open graves
- graves for cremation ashes
- garden of remembrance
- lawned area for the scattering of cremation ashes
- area available in front to display vase tablets
- garden graves - enables you to have a 6ft by 2ft strip in front of the grave to plant seasonal plants. Subject to approval it is also possible to have a kerb set installed
- wooden liner graves - available for the religious and cultural needs of the Muslim community
- burial chamber - concrete chamber which enables a burial to take place at short notice subject to the relevant documentation being produced
- Buxton granite seat plaques available to lease
After a burial in a lawn grave has taken place, the grave will be topped up as necessary as the ground settles. Graves are usually turfed between October and March, prior to any turf being laid the ground must be allowed to settle. This takes up to six months. This can be about three months after the burial or up to six months if the burial takes place in spring or summer. We will not normally turf during the summer months, instead we wait until September/October when weather conditions are more suitable.
Garden graves may be available on request. A garden grave enables you to have a 6ft by 2ft strip infront of the grave to plant seasonal plants. Subject to approval it is also possible to have a kerb set installed.
All memorial items should be placed on the memorial foundation - not the grass. Please don't use items that will break, such as glass or earthenware, and make sure that all items left are safe and appropriate.
We will contact you to ask that unsuitable items be removed within two weeks. If we think that something causes an immediate danger to staff or visitors or makes it difficult for us to carry out grounds maintenance, we will remove it immediately.
Following a burial funeral wreaths and other floral tributes will be removed two weekends after the burial.
All Christmas wreaths and floral tributes are removed on or after the third Monday in January.