Online account

If you have received your council tax bill and usually manage it using our online account, this is no longer in operation. We are working on replacing it with a new online account.

Find out more

Universal Credit

In this section

  1. Universal Credit
  2. Information for landlords


Universal Credit replaces:

  • Income-based jobseekers' allowance 
  • Income-related employment and support allowance 
  • Income support 
  • Child tax credit 
  • Working tax credit 
  • Housing benefit 

If you already get any of these benefits, you will automatically move to Universal Credit between now and October 2017. You will be told when Universal Credit will affect you. 

You will get all your benefits in a lump sum every month. If you get help towards your housing costs you will receive this too, instead of your landlord. You will then need to pay your rent.

You have to claim Universal Credit online.

Until you are told that you need to claim Universal Credit, you will carry on claiming the benefits that you currently get.

Find out about Universal Credit on GOV.UK

Find out if you're ready for Universal Credit